- Acting managing director of Velon Ltd, a joint venture company of 10 WorldTour teams, advising it across all its business activities (ongoing)
- Acting managing director of the Hammer Series as part of a consultancy role for Infront Sports & Media AG, a leading sports marketing agency (ongoing)
- Advising Decolef Lux Sàrl, the operating company of the Quick Step Floors professional cycling team, on key sponsorship agreements, rider contracts and other corporate matters (ongoing)
- Advising ZB Sports Development bvba t/a the Bakala Academy on corporate and commercial matters (ongoing)
- Advising Pro Cycling Holdings Sàrl on its joint venture with KU Leuven for the establishment of the Bakala Academy, a world-class academy for innovation in sports performance
- Advising on the cross-border merger of Decolef Lux Sàrl (Luxembourg) and Esperanza bvba (Belgium) under the EU Directive
- Advising Mr Zdenek Bakala and Mr Bessel Kok on the acquisition of an 80% shareholding in the operating companies of the Quick Step Professional Cycling Team for an undisclosed amount
Clients and Projects
Our clients say
I have worked with Auret for the first time in 2003 while he was still a corporate lawyer at A&O. Since he founded TMA Partners, I engaged him on numerous projects. Today he is a trusted adviser to me and my business partner Zdenek Bakala on all our Professional Cycling and Endurance Sport projects...
I first met Auret in 2006 when he was advising a natural resources company in connection with its IPO, and I continue to rely on Auret’s views on a wide range of corporate and transaction structuring issues. His sound judgment, extensive experience and maturity set him apart from his peers...
TMA offers a flexible, innovative and cost efficient solution for implementing LBM’s M&A strategy without any overheads. Auret’s experience, knowledge and commercial approach to M&A make him a key member of LBM’s M&A team (on an as needed in-sourced basis)...
Auret also has a very business-oriented approach to transaction documents and the transaction itself ... which again makes the process smoother and efficient...
I would recommend TMA to any company looking for a safe and experienced pair of hands to help it manage its IPO and similarly any investment bank or corporate finance advisory firm needing more and reliable hands on deck on a big and complicated transaction...
The benefit to Coller Capital has been that we have a highly skilled, reliable and responsive transaction manager who has been able to partner us... providing support to the directors of our investment vehicles, and working with us in identifying solutions to regulatory issues and problems... I have been able to focus on our core investment business requirements...
TMA is a firm and Auret a person of utmost integrity, offering a flexible and innovative solution to everyday M&A activity. They both come highly recommended...
With excellent knowledge of the legal processes, financial systems and negotiating principles the acquisition was made possible within the original timeframe and under budget resulting in an overall cost saving to us as the client...
- Advising Luxury Brand Management a.s. on the acquisition of 90% of Prospekta Moda a.s., a leading retailer of luxury clothes and accessory brands in Prague, Czech Republic, for an undisclosed amount
- Over a period of more than 4 years, assisting funds advised by Coller Capital with SPV and portfolio investment structures
- Advising Luxury Brand Management A.S. of its majority investment in a CEE focused retail and distribution company for luxury watches & jewellery for an undisclosed amount
- Advising Vimetco N.V. on its acquisition of Global Aluminium Ltd, whose main subsidiary is operating a bauxite mine in Sierra Leone, from Titanium Resources Group Ltd for US$ 40 million
- Assisting UniCredit Markets & Investment Banking, CA IB on a number of capital market transactions, including the initial public offerings of:
- Vimetco N.V. – a GDR listing on the London Stock Exchange (US$ 515 million)
- ECM Real Estate Investments A.G. – a listing on the Prague Stock Exchange (Euro 81 million)
- Dom Development S.A. – a listing on the Warsaw Stock Exchange (PLN 420 million)
- Advising a number of real estate development and sale projects in Switzerland
- Advising Maestro Interactive on its acquisition of Hexfax Limited out of administration
- Assisting a Dutch company on various strategic fund raising and acquisition options and a subsequent bond issue